Here are the top 10 facts about Sri Lanka:
- Sri Lanka is an island country located in South Asia, in the Indian Ocean.
- Sri Lanka was formerly known as Ceylon until 1972.
- The capital city of Sri Lanka is Colombo, while Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte serves as the administrative capital.
- The official languages of Sri Lanka are Sinhala and Tamil, while English is widely spoken.
- Sri Lanka has a rich cultural heritage that dates back over 2,000 years, and the country is home to many ancient Buddhist temples and other historic sites.
- Sri Lanka is a biodiversity hotspot, with a large number of endemic species of flora and fauna.
- The economy of Sri Lanka is driven by tourism, agriculture, and manufacturing.
- Sri Lanka is famous for its tea, which is grown in the central highlands of the country.
- Sri Lanka is a multi-religious country, with Buddhism being the most widely practiced religion.
- Sri Lanka has a tropical climate, with two monsoon seasons, and is known for its stunning beaches, scenic landscapes, and warm and welcoming people.
These are just a few of the fascinating facts about Sri Lanka, a country that offers visitors a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and warm hospitality.