Sri Lanka is a beautiful country with a rich cultural heritage and stunning natural beauty. Here are 10 must-see attractions to add to your Sri Lanka itinerary:
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most famous landmarks in Sri Lanka. It’s an ancient rock fortress with stunning views from the top.
- Temple of the Tooth: Located in the city of Kandy, this temple is one of the most sacred Buddhist sites in Sri Lanka. It’s home to the tooth relic of the Buddha.
- Yala National Park: Yala is one of the best places in Sri Lanka to see wildlife. It’s home to leopards, elephants, crocodiles, and many species of birds.
- Galle Fort: This 17th-century Dutch fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-visit attraction in Sri Lanka. It’s a charming town with cobbled streets, colonial buildings, and beautiful beaches.
- Dambulla Cave Temple: This complex of five caves contains ancient Buddhist murals and statues. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the best-preserved cave temples in Sri Lanka.
- Nuwara Eliya: Known as the “Little England” of Sri Lanka, Nuwara Eliya is a charming hill station with tea plantations, waterfalls, and stunning views.
- Horton Plains National Park: This park is home to some of the most stunning landscapes in Sri Lanka, including Baker’s Falls and World’s End, a sheer cliff with a drop of over 800 meters.
- Anuradhapura Ancient City: Anuradhapura is an ancient city with ruins and temples dating back over 2,000 years. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-visit for history buffs.
- Ella: This charming town is located in the hill country and is known for its stunning views, tea plantations, and hiking trails.
- Mirissa: This coastal town is one of the best places in Sri Lanka to see whales and dolphins. It’s also a great place to relax on the beach and enjoy the stunning sunsets.
By visiting these must-see attractions in Sri Lanka, you can experience the rich cultural heritage and natural beauty of this beautiful country.